I'd like ...

Pre and Post Assessment

Is there a feature in the data reports which allows teachers to do a side-by-side comparison of a pre and post assessment? Thinking for SLO's...

1 vote
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Charmayne PolenCharmayne Polen shared this idea  ·   ·  Admin →

Sort of.

If you use Common Core-aligned rubrics, you can view progression charts across all CC-aligned assignments for the year for individual students and whole sections.

You can also download data into Excel, but it’s still very complicated to run the pre/post comparison yourself in a spreadsheet.

But we don’t currently support data comparisons between non-CC-aligned rubrics.

The problem with non-CC-aligned rubrics is that I’ve built in complete flexibility—which is great for the instructor—but creates all sorts of problems if the code is asked to compare results.

Imagine all the possible comparison challenges: this rubric element was removed, this element was added, this one was renamed, this one was split into two elements, etc.

Even if 95% of all comparisons will use an identical rubric, the code has to account for ALL possible scenarios. And it’s those last 5% of cases that makes the whole thing way more complicated than it would initially seem.

0 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...