I'd like ...

Customizable drop and drag comments for common mistakes

I would like to have a place to store common feedback so I could drop and drag. For example, "Do not begin with a pronoun," "Run-on sentence," "Comma splice," etc. I could grade lightning fast if I didn't have to type feedback for the common mistakes. Could we get a little window on left side to customize these types of comments?

4 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Walker JennyWalker Jenny shared this idea  ·   ·  Admin →

I’ve gone back and forth on this one. The Error Mark feature was designed to partially resolve this.

As I say in the blog post about it (http://blog.essaytagger.com/2013/01/latest-update-error-marking.html): In most cases I recommend not entering a comment about the error. Instead hold the student responsible for reviewing her errors and thinking through them herself to figure out and learn from her own mistakes. She can seek out help if she needs it, but we shouldn’t take on the responsibility of making corrections for the students when it really doesn’t do them any good.

I’d much rather have students submit corrections to earn back some mechanics points rather than having me write endless “subject-verb agreement” or “you’re/your” comments that the students won’t even read.

There’s also the possibility of using Kevin Brookhouser’s shorthand for his grmr.me resource:
    http://blog.essaytagger.com/2013/02/check-out-grmrme-and-stop-endlessly-re.html

Regardless, I’ll follow the demands of EssayTagger’s instructors! If lots of folks are clamoring for this, it’ll bubble up the priority list.

0 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...